Well, it’s been quite a process to get to where I am now. Which is sitting in the Emirates lounge at the Dubai International Airport. I have one more hour left of my 17 hour layover. So, what did it take to get here? Mostly packing up and getting everything organized at home before I left. Some of the things I did:
- Find a property manager to rent my house
- Lots of house improvements
- Clean the yard
- Paint most of the rooms
- Install new carpet
- Finish some old projects
- Pack all my things away and throw away old stuff I no longer need and get rid of clutter and garbage
- Organize my finances
- Quit my job
- Sell my car
- Throw lots of going away parties!
I’m sure there’s more but those are the biggest ones I can remember.
The Dubai airport is pretty nice. I saw terminal A and the Emirates lounge there. I also saw terminal B and am hanging out in the lounge now. The lounge in Terminal A is much nicer than in B. Mostly because the showers are really good. This morning I took a shower in terminal A and this afternoon in B. I guess I should have taken pictures but the shower in terminal A is a full bathroom where the shower in terminal B is just a shower stall with small changing room attached. The food in both terminals in about the same.
Lets see. There are a few things that surprised me about the airport
- There are birds flying around in here
- There are squat toilets here (as well as western). I thought that was just an Asian thing but I guess not
- They have milk chocolate made from camel milk
- Everything is really expensive here