While shopping today, I used 2 or 3 plastic bags but refused 6 or 7. So winning the #waronplasticbags.
I was going to stop there but maybe I should say what I bought.
- 2 chicken thighs & drumsticks, 50 BHT
- Panang curry paste, 20 BHT
- 3 boxes of Arroy-D cocunut milk, 75 BHT
- Lime leaves and basil, 10 BHT
- A big carrot, 10 BHT
- Red bell pepper, 50 BHT !!!
- 4 Bananas, 15 BHT
- 10 Eggs, 45 BHT
- Big Chang, 53 BHT
The first 6 ingredients were for panang gai and it made enough for 3 servings. At the current exchange rate of 1 USD to 32.85 BHT that works out to $6.54 for dinner or $2.18 per serving. Not too bad. Oh, but I also drank that Chang with dinner. So my portion comes out to $3.80.