We got on a boat to spend a couple days on Railay and meet up with Mostafa (guy I met through mountainproject.com). We arrived to Railay a little before 9am, found Mostafa at the resort he was staying at and ate breakfast. Then it was off to Wee’s Present Wall for some climbing.
We climbed a lot of things. Yoga friend Erica also met us at the wall a little later.
- I Don’t Know 6a – Onsight, Still sharp rock but a better climb.
- Hello Christine 6a+ – Toprope, Awkward moves near the start. Rest of the climb is good though.
- Milky Way 7a – Toprope, Shares the same anchor as Hello Christine 6a+. Fun to try something hard but I could only do the first couple moves.
- A Man Can Tell A Thousand Lies 6a – Onsight, Really fun chimney-like climb. A little runout but easy climbing.
- Same Same But Different 6b+ – Toprope, Very difficult start. The rest of the route is fun though.
- Roi Et 6a – Onsight, Very sharp rock. Not a lot of fun.
- Ling Rong Hei 6b+ – Toprope, Fun climb that follows a crack most of the way to the top.
- Nuat Hin 6a+ – Onsight, Fun climb up into a cave. A little pumpy in the middle.
- Make A Way 6a+ – Onsight, Super stoked to get the onsight. Jug haul to the top with a ballancy section in the middle.
After Climbing, Anong, Mostafa, and I walked to Ton Sai to find a room. Got a massage, ate dinner, drank beer, and saw a fire show. It was a pretty good day.